Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Texas, we’ve got you covered
No-cost or low-cost health coverage from UnitedHealthcare. Learn about the Texas Medicaid health plans, Dual Special Needs Plans and individual and family plans we offer in Texas.
Helping people is at the heart of all we do
We’re here for you. If you’re elderly or live with an illness or disability, you may need a Medicaid managed care plan you can count on. UnitedHealthcare Community Plan has a long history of providing high quality health care in the state of Texas. We’d be honored to serve you, too.
See why Texans choose UnitedHealthcare
Whatever plan you choose, UnitedHealthcare will help you get the care you need.
- Large variety of network providers
- No-cost virtual visits
- Low- or no-cost prescription drugs
Ensuring access to high-quality, affordable care that meets the unique needs of each member.
Providing value by managing costs and improving the health of the people we serve.
UnitedHealthcare works with local organizations and the state of Texas to remove barriers to better health.
Texas health plans as low as $0 cost
TX Medicaid Plans:
- No- or low-cost
- Pregnant women and children
- Low-income individuals with families
- All ages
- Blind and disabled individuals
TX Dual Special Needs Plans:
- Those qualifying for both Medicaid and Medicare
- Individuals 65 and up
- Blind and disabled individuals
- Offers benefits beyond traditional Medicaid
- No-cost plan
TX Individual and Family Plans:
- Unemployed or self-employed people
- People between jobs
- Retirees who aren't yet eligible for Medicare
Medicaid: More for You in 2022
As a UnitedHealthcare STAR Medicaid member, you’ll get extra benefits that some plans don’t offer. Not all STAR plans are the same. UnitedHealthcare Community Plan provides standard benefits under the STAR program. We also offer extra services called Value Added Services (VAS). View the list below to see what STAR includes.
- Well and sick care
- Pregnancy care
- Hearing and dental care
- Home care and supplies
- Asthma and COPD support
- Case management
- Choice of doctor
Dual Special Needs Plans in 2022
Texans on a UnitedHealthcare Dual Special Needs Plan (or dual health plan) get many extra benefits beyond those you get with either Original Medicare or Medicaid.
- Dental coverage, including help to pay for covered types of preventive and comprehensive dental
- OTC+Healthy Food benefit with monthly credits on a prepaid card to buy covered groceries in-store or online
- Prescription drug coverage with $0 copay on covered generic and brand-name prescriptions including home delivery
- And more
Individual and Family Plans
UnitedHealthcare is offering individual and family plans in Texas that are designed to provide the best possible coverage at an affordable price.
We have plan choices in all three metal levels, bronze, silver and gold, offering a variety of benefits. With most plans, you get:
- $0 virtual care with a doctor who's specially trained to provide online urgent, specialty and primary care
- Prescriptions as low as $3 Pay for Tier 1 generic drugs at Walgreens
- Member-only discounts, like 20% off Walgreens-brand health and wellness products
- Digital fitness classes at no extra cost
- Access to a library with thousands of live and on-demand digital fitness classes
Well and sick care
Get the support you need to stay healthy — or to get better if you’re injured or sick. Pregnant moms also get extra support to keep you and your baby healthy. That includes:
- Hospital care — You pay nothing for care in a hospital
- Testing — Lab tests, x-rays and diagnostic imaging are covered
- Transportation — We pay for rides to and from medical visits or pharmacy
- Well visits —Annual checkups to help keep you healthy
- Prior Authorization Information
Nothing is more important than the health and well-being of you and your baby. That’s why our STAR plan benefits include:
- Choice of doctor — Find a doctor you trust in our network
- Choose a birth center — Deliver at your choice of hundreds of hospitals across Texas
- Prenatal visits — Care for you before your baby is born
- Healthy First Steps® — Get extra support and rewards to keep you and your baby healthy
- Infant care book — Helpful advice about newborns for expecting moms
Rides and more
Sometimes you might need a little extra help using your health plan. For those times, you can rely on:
- Transportation — We offer rides to and from medical visits or the pharmacy
- Interpreters — An interpreter can go with you to medical visits
- Language help — Translated medical materials are available at no cost
- 24/7 NurseLine — Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call the number on the back of your Member ID card.
- Member Services — Call 24/7 to get answers to your benefit questions
Learn about plan types
Dual Special Needs Plans (D-SNP)
Dual Special Needs Plans (also called dual health plans or D-SNPs for short) are for people who get both Medicaid and Medicare. Dual plans cover doctor visits, hospital stays and prescription drugs. They offer more benefits and extras than Original Medicare. You’ll keep all your Texas STAR Medicaid benefits too.
TX Medicaid is health insurance for people with low incomes. You might be able to get Medicaid in Texas if you’re pregnant, have children or live with a disability. In some cases, other adults also may qualify. Costs to you are low and based on your ability to pay. It’s important to know that Medicaid rules and coverage differ from state to state.
Exchange plans, also known as the Health Insurance Marketplace (R) plans, help individuals, families, and small businesses shop for and enroll in affordable healthcare coverage. Whether you qualify for these programs depends on your expected income, household members, and other information.
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.